Ken Vaughan - Turkish Bread
Pizzas got us through lockdown 2020... as thankfully Turkish Bread were an essential business meaning they could keep supplying supermarkets pizza bases.
There's more to the origin story of how Ken Vaughan founded Turkish Bread.
In this episode you'll learn:
- the origin story of Turkish Bread.
- why machines aren't the answer when it comes to making delicious pizza bases, garlic breads and naans.
- they're innovation with cauliflower based pizzas (which I can personally vouch for their deliciousness).
- how they became New Zealand's largest supplier of pizza bases.
When Hugo and I left, we were laden down with free products... and Ken shared two pizza making tips.
1. Coat the edges with a little oil to crisp it up.
2. Always use a pizza stone!